Tuesday, March 24, 2009

If I won the lottery...




With just a few hours left before the new carpet arrives, we took advantage of the empty space one last time. Before school this morning we held a teddy bear throwing competition. We sent Honey, Gabriella, Lovey, and Hannah Montana cartwheeling through the air into into waiting arms below. I think that when I win the lottery I will have a room specifically for throwing things. The kids (and I) had a blast whipping the bears around, knowing that there were no furniture or light fixtures to smash. I would probably add padded walls for when Todd and his friends want to show off their diving skills to each other. I have other ideas too. I'd build the usual rooms, like a scrapbook room and a Pump it Up room. There would have to be an "all 5 of the women in my family have their period and I need to get the hell away from them before they rip my head off" room for Todd. That must be built with sound proof walls so that he couldn't hear the hormone driven emotional breakdowns that will undoubtedly occur each month. It would also need to seal itself and have its own oxygen system to protect the rest of us from the gas that seeps out of Todd and his friends on poker nights and fantasy hockey draft nights.

The outside would be a child's paradise. A pool is a must. With a twisty slide. And a waterfall. And a straight slide. And a hot tub. And a cabana with a full bathroom so all swimmers can keep their wrinkly, dripping bodies out of the house. There would be a tree house like this one...
but it would be better because Todd would build it. There would be swings that flew so high that the rider would feel his heart in his throat. Of course there would be a slide, a slide so tall that thighs would burn by the time the top of the ladder was reached. The ride down would be worth the climb. The entire play area would be surrounded by a track for racing bikes, scooters, roller blades, or running feet. Now that would be cool!





1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sounds great, but ummmm, Republicans play the lottery? ;-)