Sunday, March 8, 2009

Tori turns six!

I have a six year old again. My Tori celebrated her birthday last week with her first ever friend party. She chose an under-the-sea theme and we spent a month deciding on crafts, games, food, decorations, and the guest list. She invited nine girls, including Devin and chose to have make your own sundaes instead of cake. The craft stations included making bracelets with ocean colored beads, sand art bottles, dolphin sun catchers, mini aquariums, and paper plate jelly fish. We played parachute games and whacked a pinata. They stuffed their little bellies with ice cream topped with chocolate sauce, Oreos, M & Ms, gummy sharks, Swedish fish, sprinkles, and cherries. Tori and her friends were absolutely precious and the party was so much fun.


Now for the mushy stuff. What can I say about Tori? She is pure joy. She fills my heart with light and love. Her exuberance and zest for life are contagious and never fail to make me smile. She is friendly, smart, empathetic, cheerful, and simply delightful. Tori has big dreams and plans on holding down many careers, from a dance teacher to a vet, as long as she "doesn't
have to stick her hand up animals' butts".
Here are a few of my favorite photos of my baby girl from the past 6 years...




2 comments:

stacey said...

(sniff, sniff) They grow up so fast! I'll need to pick your brain on how you did your craft stations. What great ideas you found! Happy Birthday to Tori.

Melissa said...

Wook at dat widdle baby pic! **sigh** So glad you are blogging again, Madeline!