Thursday, June 25, 2009

Goodness on a stick

Sometimes when I get writer's block, I jump around the blogging universe and read what others have written about. I recently came upon this wonderful blog. This lady has some of the best ideas I've ever seen. Check out her painted counter tops. Don't worry, Todd, this is one project I won't take on when you go away for a weekend. Anyway, I saw these marshmallows on a stick and thought they'd be perfect for my mother-in-law's retirement dinner. The girls and I went to Stop & Shop for the chocolate chips, marshmallows, and graham crackers, then to Michael's for the lollipop sticks. Sprinkles are a staple in our pantry. These were simple and fun to make and oh so yummy!!!

Step 1. Insert sticks into marshmallows

Step 2. Eat a marshmallow..or 4



Step 3. Swirl marshmallows into melted chocolate chips




Step 5. Roll gooey marshmallow into desired toppings (graham cracker crumbs and sprinkles this time) and place them on parchment paper.

Step 6. Put the tray in the fridge for a bit to harden. No pic - the fridge is quite boring.



Step 7. Arrange the pops in something pretty. I put them in a vase with crumpled tissue paper in the bottom to stabilize them (thanks for the idea, Gwenny!).





I plan on making these for lots of school parties and using different colored chocolate and toppings. White chocolate and orange sprinkles for Halloween, etc. You should make them, too. Thank you, Martha!

1 comment:

The Widower Dad said...

That's great...even I could do that! VBS is next week and I need to bring treats, these will be much more fun that the usually cookies.