Friday, July 3, 2009

One of her own...finally!


Every time the girls play with their Build a Bears, Devin says that she wishes she had one, too. Her birthday is just a couple of weeks away, Todd is on vacation, and it's been raining for days, so I took her to the mall to pick out a bear of her very own. I didn't tell her we were going, I just told her we were going to get a birthday surprise. As we walked past the Build a Bear store, she asked if we could go in and look around. I said, "do you want to go in and make a bear for yourself?" She nearly jumped out of her skin, exclaimed, "YES!", and ran into the store. She picked up the first bear she found and said that it was the one she wanted. I showed her that there were many others to choose from. She put the first one back and hugged the next in line. She noticed a third one in the next bin, so she put the second one back. This continued down the line until she found the magenta bear with white hearts. She hugged this bear tighter than all the others so I knew she had made her choice. She pushed the foot pedal to help stuff the bear, gave it a bath, and picked out an outfit. While she was washing the bear, I asked her what she was going to name it but she had to think about it. We sat at the computer to register the bear when Devin suddenly proclaimed, "her name is Alexandra!" She was so incredibly happy which made me incredibly happy, too.


While we were gone, Todd wrestled the poker table from the pile of junk in the basement so he and the girls could partake in game day.

No comments: