Tuesday, September 8, 2009

This crowd is pleased


The girls and I have 2 food related summer traditions. When school ends in June, celebrate by eating our one and only fast food lunch of the year. When summer ends in September, we mourn by devouring the 12 scoop Crowd Pleaser sundae at Friendly's. They had been looking forward to today for a week. We settled on 2 scoops each of orange sherbet, strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, cookie dough, and cookies and cream ice creams. Our toppings included hot fudge, marshmallow, butterfingers, sprinkles, Oreos, whipped cream, and cherries. I think I forgot something. The girls will remind me tomorrow. When our waiter brought the bill, he informed us that we inhaled our sundae in less then 5 minutes. Is there a better way to end summer vacation? I think not.



Here's last year's picture - the first annual end of summer pig out.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you have last years and this years photos to compare. It's amazing how much they change in one year. The girls are beautiful sista'. You do such an incredible job. And no, there is nothing better than celebrating or mourning with a sundae! Vicki