Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009 - Part 1






I love when Halloween (or any holiday) falls on a weekend. There was endless Halloween chatter all day today, from "I hope I get (insert your favorite type of candy)" to "I wonder what (insert neighborhood girl) will be". At Bryn's soccer game this morning, the coach and I ended several sideline costume discussions and reminded the girls to watch their teammates on the field. The weather was warm, which added to the Halloween fervor. The girls and I spent some time this afternoon making caramel apples and even more time eating them. Jacey had to be extra careful with hers because she's got some metal in her mouth to get her teeth ready for braces. She contorted the lower half of her face like a performer from Cirque du Soleil and managed to get it down successfully. After a few bites, Devin asked me to get her a flosser for her teeth. They ate way more than any reasonable people should, so I immediately ushered them outside to run off the impending sugar high. Along with warm temperatures, the day was extraordinarily windy. Bryn and Tori broke out their kites, Jacey proved that one is never too old to swing, and Devin raked the leaves with a twig that she pulled off a tree in the yard.




When I felt it was safe, I allowed them to come back into the house and put on their costumes.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems like the day couldn't be more perfect! What memories they'll have! I was so happy to talk and see them on Halloween night with their candy.