Monday, January 4, 2010

Two weeks - too fast

My sister, Vicki  was here for 2 weeks and now she's gone again.  She left last Wednesday and I intended to write this post the day she left.  I couldn't, though, because every time I looked at the pictures I cried and had to shut down the computer.  It had been 19 months since she was last here - far too long.  We shared a lot of laughs and had the happiest Christmas ever.  The girls couldn't get enough of her; Devin seemed to be attached to her and always managed to squirm herself onto Vick's lap.  We went to a  Bruins game-Vicki and Devin's first, got pedicures, went sledding and ice skating.  We drank coffee, ate burgers, ice cream, and subs (or hoagies or grinders).  We were extremely busy and constantly on the go creating memories the girls will never forget, but the greatest memories were those quiet times at home.  Well, at least some of us were quiet.  Vicki is not quiet, she's loud.  I mean that in the very best sense of the word.  Her jubilant laughter filled the house and made every day joyful.  Before I get all weepy again, here are some pictures.

Washing babies - Vicki lives in a very toasty climate and sometimes wore her hat in the house to keep warm.

One of the rare moments she remained on her feet while skating

Vicki built a jump for the girls to ride their sleds over

The Bruins!


The girls spent a lot of time coloring with their artist aunt

The Mr. Potato Head village

The pedicure - Vicki and I had matching snowflakes airbrushed on

Our last night together was spent cuddling on the couch and watching a movie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe Maddy, what nice things to say about me. I had the best Christmas ever, it was so much fun and memorable. The Andersons are an amazing family and I love you all so much! sob sob sob. love.V.

BOSTONVIC said...

read it again. sob sob sob again. love ya.V.